3/04/2008

Can you "Gage" our excitement?


Gage has arrived! Both mother and baby are doing well. Gage is still (as if much time has passed) on the newborn routine - wanting to eat every two hours or so and not sleeping as much as we expected. He is pretty content as long as his belly has something in it and his diaper isn't messy.

Labor was quick - When we arrived at the hospital around 7:30 pm 3/3, Aimee was concerned that we would be sent back home. The midwife on duty admitted Aimee after finding that she was dilated to 3 cm. Some time around 10 pm Aimee received an epidural and was dilated to 5 cm. After that, the midwife and nurse commented numerous times on how quickly things were progressing. Gage was born at 12:59 am 3/4, about 5.5 hours after Aimee was admitted. At birth, Gage was 7 lbs. 12.7 oz. and 19 in. long.

Gage reminds Aimee of the babies in the Anne Geddes' photos, especially when he is in deep sleep. Glen suggested that we dress him up in a big flower outfit and "plant" him in one of our big planting pots in the backyard (the ones we use for tomato plants) and snap some photos. We'll probably wait until he is a bit older (or at least until we can find a good flower costume).

(No, Glen did not post this from the hospital - we back dated this post to Gage's birthday and time.)

16 comments:

Emily said...

Congratulations! He is adorable. It was so fun to see him this morning on skype. After we hung up Becca said, "I love baby Gage, he is soooooo cute." I guess I will be bringing her along when we come to see him. :) I hope it is soon!

Kimberly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kimberly said...

Yea, we're so glad you're blogging! It was fun talking to you and seeing Gage. Can't wait to hold him when we come home in July. You should know, we expect you to meet us at the airport so we can hold him the minute we get off the plane. :P

Elena said...

Congrats Aimee & Glen! You must be so excited!! Your slideshow is so sweet. With practically every photo, I "awwwww"d. What a precious little baby.

Anonymous said...

Your baby is so cute. I especially enjoyed him all washed off. I really hope he keeps you content. Maybe sometime when you babysit us you can bring him to our house. I really enjoyed Gage. Thank you for sending this exciting letter to us. I love you!

Moni B said...

I LOVE MY NEPHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!Thanks so much for letting Krystina and I be such a big part in his birth It meant the world to us!! I'll be over soon with dinner!!Love you Guys!

Dannie Graves said...

Congratulations Glaimee! We're so excited for you. Gage is so cute. We can't wait to meet him at the next "Lost" party.

Toast Habit said...

I think baby Gage looks really mean, ill tempered, and like he will accuse you of things he did to get you in trouble. Congratulations.

Pottruffs said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! he's adorable. Wish I was there to celebrate with you. You'll find yourself just staring at him, enjoy every moment, they grow so fast. Big hugs from us in MT.

Mamarazzi said...

AIMEE and Glen...hey you guys! i found you through Emily's blog. i am so excited to see you guys blogging too AND i am super excited about the baby! Way. Too. Cute.

i will be adding you to my google reader so i can keep up with y'all. feel free to pop on over to our blog and see whats up with us.

Congrats...he is beautiful!

Eric, Kelly, Tyler, Xander, and Liam said...

Oh, my gosh! Congratulations! Aimee, you look wonderful. Gage is adorable.

JanelWarner said...

Congrats! I told David to watch your video and he said,"NO I AM EATING." He doesn't like the whole idea of the belly moving, like a little alien. We will be home in July and hope to see you guys.

Jen said...

Congratulations!! We are so excited for you! Baby boys are so much fun. Aimee you look way too good for having just given birth:) We miss you.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Janel's comment made me laugh because when I saw the belly video I thought to myself, "If David saw this, he would make some funny comment about aliens." Watch out with your next baby, Aimee. I had a 14 hour labor with Ethan. With Ariana, we left home as soon as I knew I was in labor, then I had her less than an hour later. Yikes!

Breanne said...

Surprise! Aimee & Glen- He is so precious. I am so glad I found you. Emily found me and then I found her and linked to you from hers. I am so excited you are blogging it is great to be able to keep in touch. Especially with those we love but don't get to see (hardly ever). Good luck on your new adventures as parents. It is a blast! Love, Breanne
P.S- I made Millie a flower costume for Halloween last year. It a size 4T though. Maybe he'll grow fast and you can barrow it.:)

Jared and Davian said...

Hey Aimee and Glen!! I got your link from Breanne's blog. Yeah! I am so excited to be able to take a peek into your life. Gage looks so cute! He looks like such a little man with his perfect round head. It has been way too long since we have seen you two. We need to have a family reunion with your family to catch up on life! Hope all is going well.