Mission 1 - Gage
Gage isn't a project - technically - but if we were keeping track of our time we'd need to include him. He is still doing well, sleeping better and getting bigger/chubbier (He still hasn't matched his father's chubby baby pic).

Mission 2 - the dogs
The dogs are very entertaining. Tootles, a petite Boston tearier, is so blind she can barely cross a room without running into something. She loves to play, but often can't locate a toy or see what is going on. Tootles is constantly being run over by Tasha, a Border Collie, who is quite sneaky. We have a video on our YouTube channel of the dogs in their element with Glen's dad pulling his mom through the house in a wagon.
Mission 3 - the surprize (the big one)
We thought it would be fun to surprise Glen's parents. They have been mentioning getting a pool in their backyard for a while, so we started the project. It's supposed to be done before Glen's parents get back, but is just a hole in the ground with walls (the pictures are from a few days ago). We had to move two trailers, an air conditioner, a pile of wood, a ton of bricks, and several garbage cans just to get equipment back there. Don't worry, we hired people to help move stuff, so Gage didn't need to do any heavy lifting. We can't wait to go for a dip once it's done because the muddy water at the bottom of the hole makes it tough to cheat at Marco Polo. It will be great when summer arrives.

11 comments:
wowzer a pool is a HUGE project! you guys are awesome for doing that for them!
and Gage is sooooo cute!!
We're calling your bluff! But you're late for April Fool's Day! :) Too bad we didn't get Mom and Dad to check this. They're leaving in the morning for Italy, so they won't see it.
Bummer, we were hoping you'd be able to show Dad and Mom. I deleted comments from Emily and Steve so they wouldn't give it away.
Emily said:
I'm on to you...nice work though. :)
Steve said:
Nice photoshop work.
If I had enough time (and wasn't working Saturday's lately) I was going to add more detail, putting Aimee out in the grass and Tasha in the hole.
You'd want to mess up the grass around the hole also. It was just a little to clean.
Yeah, I was going to do that - add some muddy puddles and mounds of dirt, but I didn't have time.
If we get time, I'll try to show it to Mom and Dad when they get back. I just won't show them the comments.
I took them to the train station this morning and they should be in Italy right about now (after a long layover in Cologne). They're doing good and Dad is feeling great now. :)
you two just can't be trusted!!!
tim-berly - That'd be great. We're glad to hear pop is doing well.
Anne (and an one else who fell for it) - imagine us doing an evil laugh (If you like the evil laugh and would like to try it check out these instructions)
I should point out that I at least had the common sense to add the fence into the reflection in the water (if anyone noticed or cares).
I meant trust your blogging -- not your yard work. I've been there...remember! And I would love you to put a pool in my yard since I'm the other half of the parents!
you guys really got us...we were worried about what Gary and Sharon would do! We were even gonna invite you guys to stay with us out here for a while during the aftermath! Well, that's a little exaggeration, but seriously how gullible can we be?! Did I spell that right? I tried to check the dictionary, but all I found was "sam and sarah"
Post a Comment