Glen started this post for me about a month ago, and I guess I'd better finish it since we leave for Japan in 6 days.
When I was in High School I traveled to Japan with the Gilroy High School Chamber Singers who go every 3 years. Last year when they were there the choir director, Phil Robb, was invited to come back this year to celebrate the 20 year sister city relationship between Gilroy and Takko Machi. He decided to put together an Alumni Choir of chamber singers who had been to Japan with him in the past. Here is a link to the article that The Dispatch did about our Japan trip:
http://www.gilroydispatch.com
Glen and Gage are coming along also. We will be with the choir for one week, and then we will stay a second week to travel around Japan sightseeing and so I can show Glen where I lived when I was there as an exchange student in 2000. As a student I created a web site along with the other exchange students. Of all of them, somehow my site is still up.
The Alumni Choir will be having a Sayonara Concert on Sunday June 22nd, 7:30-9:00pm at South Valley National Bank - 8000 Santa Teresa Blvd. (corner of Santa Teresa & 1st Street) in Gilroy. If you are able to come I would love to have you there!
3 comments:
Have a blast! Can't wait to hear all about YOUR trip when we get back. Love you!
oops, that last one is from me, Kimberly. I'm logged on to a different email account than I usually use. Didn't want you to wonder...even though that might have been fun.
I'm so excited for you guys. This will be a fun walk down memory lane for Aimee and a great chance to share some of her experiences with Glen. I can't wait to hear all about it when you return...or even while you're there if you get an internet connection!
Post a Comment