5/11/2008

My first Mother's Day

Sunday morning I woke up to the smell of French toast! Glen and Gage sneaked out of the bedroom early so they wouldn't wake me up. The morning went great and we even made it to church early. I was a little worried because I lead the music for the 1st hour of church (sacrament meeting), and Gage was due to eat at anytime. After asking Laurie Franke to be on the alert and lead for me in case I wasn't back in time, she agreed and then worked it out to have someone else that wasn't a mother lead the entire meeting. It was nice to not have to worry about it and I enjoyed the meeting, especially Andy's talk.


After church we headed out to my parents house where we had a delicious dinner prepared by the men in our family. It was quite impressive. We had almost the whole family there which was fun, but we did miss Emily and her family. Here's a picture of Liz, my mom and me.

It was such a beautiful day. After dinner we chatted, some of the guys played Frisbee golf and the kids played outside.

Nathan and Gage couldn't get enough of the rope swings!

It was a fun day, and I am looking forward to using my new gift...Baby Signing Time DVDs. I plan on teaching baby sign language to Gage, we'll see how it goes.

3 comments:

anotherhale said...

Glad you clarified...thought you were going to try and teach Glen!

Anne said...

It was a really nice afternoon and evening. Our guys did themselves proud with a great dinner as well as the clean-up. You two couples are going to have to hang onto those boys...once they start walking... look-out!!! (Especially with Glen's help!)

Emily said...

I wish we could have been there too! With finals and all there was just no way...but they are all done now! Yippe!!!