2/26/2009

Trip to Portland

Gage and I flew to Portland, Oregon for a few days to see my brother Andy and his boys, Coleman and Aedan. They made the move to Portland last year and we've really missed seeing them. It was so much fun to get to see their new place and be a part of their lives for a few days.



Gage enjoyed sitting with Coleman while they watched a nature show on the laptop.


Aedan was thoroughly entertained by my iPhone


Gage really liked Coleman & Aedan's pet rats


Monday night we all went to dinner at McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant.



Coleman was quite creative and found a new mode of transportation for Gage- the almost 1 year old who refuses to crawl!


No need for a highchair, the sink works great for Gage.
Andy lives in a cool old home with a neat old fashioned kitchen.



On Tuesday night we had fun at the bowling alley watching Andy bowl with his league- "The Logjammers". We must have been good luck for Andy because that night he bowled his personal best!



Coleman and Aedan did a great job keeping Gage entertained





Tuesday was also Mardi Gras so the boys had fun collecting necklaces and crowns.








Both flights went well. Gage and I were lucky enough to have the entire row to ourselves both ways!



It was a lot of fun to go up to Portland to see Andy, Coleman & Aedan. We look forward to our next trip!

9 comments:

pennyman said...

Too bad I had to work - it sounded like a lot of fun. Maybe I'll be able to go next time.

Anne said...

I wanna go too!!

Aida said...

Has it been that long since I saw you last! Your hair looks so long. Very nice when you get to have the row all to yourselves.

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

fun trip! i hope he crawls/walks soon for you, silly boy!

Cassy said...

Gage is such a cutie! And such a boy if he was into the rats! hehe.

Corri said...

Glen & Aimee--
It's been fun looking at your blog!
Thanks for stopping by mine---it was fun to read your comments.

Congratulations on buying a house! That is really exciting. I know what you mean about the list of projects--even with a house in decent shape, there is A LOT to do!

By the way, Gage is absolutely perfect! What a beautiful little boy!

Diane Wright said...

Now that you are moving, I guess I will have to keep tabs on you through your blog. Gage looked like he was being smothered with love from cousins and the rat and he looked like he loved it.

T and A said...

wow gage looks so old. looked like fun. I miss the coast

Unknown said...

I loved the part about Ben. I love the past, so many good memories. Thanks
Cash Online Get Easy cash at your door step