5/08/2009

Glen and Gage went camping (sort of)

I took Gage on the Aaronic Priesthood Commemoration (Father and Sons) camping trip. I hardly consider it camping since we actually slept in the back of station wagon (Gage slept fine, and I took several naps in a row). I only managed a few pictures and didn't take any of myself.

Here is Gage next to our "tent" (a.k.a. the car). I was going to take a tent, but someone suggested the car and I thought, "Hmm. Maybe I'll give that a try so I don't have to figure out how to set up a tent with Gage." I think I'll set up a tent next time.


Folks brought their own dinners to eat or cook over the coals.




We had cobbler and ice cream for desert, cooked in dutch ovens.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I've never heard of cooking ice cream in a dutch oven. You'll have to share the recipe! :P Glad to finally see some posts!

pennyman said...

Yes, cooking ice cream in a dutch oven is a little tricky and, as you can imagine, it requires a lot of ice.